- 22 years as a public school music educator
- 14 years as Assistant Editor for the Jazz Educators Journal for the International Association of Jazz Educators and two years as Associate Editor for the American Suzuki Journal for the American Suzuki Association
- B.A. and M.A. degrees from Brigham Young University and Colorado Christian University
- Post-graduate college music education courses at Indiana University, University of Miami, Grand Canyon University, VanderCook College of Music, University of Missouri at St. Louis, Colorado State University, University of Denver, University of Colorado at Denver and Colorado Spring, State University of New York at Potsdam, University of Utah, Colorado Christian University and others.
- Mother of four professional-level musicians