No replies to this topic

#1 crobbins

crobbins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:20 PM

Hello Everyone.

I am the Percussion Instructor at West Fork Schools, www.westforkband.org, and during my "extra hours" I am a freelance web designer. Over the past two years, I have developed, edited, tweaked, and refined the website my program currently uses, and we now have a fully functional online learning resource. We are able to give access to students based on command staff position, instrumentation, grade level, behavior, and any other categorization that we feel helpful. We also are able to grant access to parents for specific areas (itineraries, booster sections, and online bill pay). Since it is password protected and exclusive to our students, we are able to post music (audio and notation) and member information without breaking privacy or copyright laws. This has proven to be invaluable to the way that we communicate with our students. We have recently implemented facebook style social networking features with the site. It is member specific, so only our band students can interact with each other on the site. This keeps them safe, and it also keeps them on the site where we post information.

As this is a far less busy time of the year for me, I have decided to offer promotions to band programs. I am offering a total web suite that mimics the features we have on our site (of course you would be able to choose to add or subtract features), and I'm offering it at 15% off of the normal design cost. Be sure to mention banddirector.com!

If you are interested, please check out my design site, www.car-webdesign.com for information. I'd love to hear from you, and get the chance to work with other band programs also.

Happy Drumming!
Cory A. Robbins
Percussion Instructor
West Fork Band
crobbins@westforkband.org
www.westforkband.org

Freelance Web Design
crobbins@car-webdesign.com
www.car-webdesign.com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: website, band, technology