Hello my name is Tyler Guthrie, I am a music education major at Western Illinois University. I am looking for band and orchestra directors at any level to interview in regards to the literature that your band plays as well as your own thoughts about choosing literature. If so, either comment your answers below or email me at email@example.com. Your answers will be used for educational purposes and are greatly appreciated!
1. Do you teach band or orchestra?
2. What is the level of the school you are at?
3. How many years of teaching experience do you have?
4. How many years have you been in your current position?
5. What ensembles do you teach?
6. What is the population of the school you teach at?
1. What is your criteria for choosing repertoire for your ensemble?
2. What are your technical, musical, and developmental considerations?
3. How does the literature you choose fit in with a music curriculum or yearly plan?
4. Do you choose what concepts to teach or what song to teach first?
5. Do you have a four year rotation of core literature that you teach?