• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Jazzcharts.net

Jazzcharts.net

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:09 PM

Hello all! Thanks for allowing me to be a part of this community.

I wanted to let you all know about my publishing company, Jazzcharts.net. Jazzcharts is a publishing company that sells music that swings, grooves, and is fun to play! All the music on the site is original and most of it (grades 2-4) are written in a way that makes them sound great but are also fun and easy to play.

I started this business because I was tired of hearing so many watered down jazz band charts that were written and or arranged without the jazz tradition in mind. What makes Jazz great is the swing feel (syncopation) and the colorful harmony that sets it apart from other genres. Most publishers shy away from these 2 things in fear that most bands will not be able to play charts that have lots of syncopation and colorful harmony. Jazzcharts.net is the common ground between music that is to complex for beginning and intermediate jazz players and music that is so watered down that it's borderline marching band music.

Anyway, thanks for checking this out. I'll also add that each chart on the site is only 40$. I'm able to charge less than the big publishers because my overhead is very low. My aim is getting good music into the folders of jazz programs all over the world. Thanks for reading this, and have a great day!

Mike Sailors
www.jazzcharts.net
Like us on Facebook!