1 reply to this topic

#1 John1978

John1978

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 11:16 AM

Hello all,

I have been having some thought about the best way to distribute music sheets.

I am a band director in an international school and I teach 4 bands in grades 5 to 12. I do not give my students original copies because they loose them and do not take good care of the sheets. I started a folder system in which every band has a section in the folder.

I make copies of all the parts and every page is copied 4 times per folder so the students can take a copy for home and also have a copy of the sheet in the band folder. This system is great and very tidy but an enormous amount of work. Filing music for 4 bands that have 4 concerts a year takes a lot of time. I was wondering how it is done in other schools. Any suggestions?

I am desperately waiting for the digital age in music sheets. That would save so many trees and so much secretary work.

#2 long.blake

long.blake

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 11:05 PM

I think my school is preparing to go paperless, so I started asking around about how this would affect the music programs. I got very positive feedback from other directors who scan all their music into whatever program they use and the kids read the music from their iPad and turn the page with a Bluetooth foot pedal. With as much music as my kids lose, I'm strongly considering switching to that method early!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sheet Music, Photocopying