Technology in Music Education

1 reply to this topic

#1 Cole Thornton

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 01:37 PM

I have been working on some research for educational technology taylored for music educators. I have looked at charmed and looked at some of the 'white board' technologies. Let me know what you use and what you would do to make it better?

I was looking through the forums here at banddirector.com and it does not seem like many people post. There are a lot of 'views' but few responses. Why is that?

Thanks
-Cole Thornton

#2 Peter Francis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 11:53 PM

Cole
I use many parts of technology in my teaching. Mosty that is software. I use Sibelius for doing up arrangements. I use audacity and Pro tools as well as an Edirol r09 for recording rehearsals and performances. I use Band in a box for recording chord progressions for students to practise improvised solos. In my classroom I extensivly use data projector and surround sound system for showing lessons on powerpoint or just for worksheets. Of course I also show videos and u tube clips of bands / musicians etc.

I hope this is ok info for you. If you would like more information let me know how to contact you and we can exchange emails.

Peter Francis
Director of music Iona College
Brisbane Australia.

View PostCole Thornton, on Jul 21 2009, 04:37 AM, said:

I have been working on some research for educational technology taylored for music educators. I have looked at charmed and looked at some of the 'white board' technologies. Let me know what you use and what you would do to make it better?

I was looking through the forums here at banddirector.com and it does not seem like many people post. There are a lot of 'views' but few responses. Why is that?

Thanks
-Cole Thornton