Peanut Allergies and Beginning Band Instrument Trials
Does anyone have any experience with students who have known Peanut allergies? At our info meeting last night (8.25.16) two parents approached me afterward with concerns that their children could come in contact with peanut protein if they are not the first student to test an instrument. The theory is the peanut protein from a another child who had a peanut product for breakfast could be deposited on a reed, mouthpiece or in the instrument.
Any help would be appreciated.